Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Thursday, March 29, 2018
April Showers Bring May Flowers and Allergies!
Tips to using a CPAP during allergy season.
“April showers bring May flowers” means that it’s time for fun outdoor activities with friends and family. But for people who live with seasonal allergies and sleep apnea, the first sign of spring can mean the beginning of restless nights, nasal congestion, and challenging CPAP therapy.
The following tips can help you get the most out of your CPAP during the changing seasons:
- Keep your CPAP equipment clean at all times. - Regular cleaning and sanitizing your CPAP supplies to limit bacterial growth that can occur from even the smallest pockets of moisture, is a must.
- Switch to hypoallergenic filters. – Use hypoallergenic filters to prevent the smallest particles from entering your airways and causing an increase in your seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Use a full-face CPAP mask during allergy season. – Try switching to a full - faced mask. During allergy season, when your nose is clogged, and your mouth is doing most of the breathing, a nasal CPAP mask is not the most optimal option to receive the full benefits of using a CPAP machine.
- Wash your pillow cases, animals and your hair regularly. - Invisible dust particles and other allergens that land on your pillowcases, pets and you can increase your seasonal allergy symptoms. Regularly wash your pillow cases, pets and your hair and consider purchasing hypoallergenic pillowcases to decrease your allergy symptoms.
- Transfer your plants outdoors. - Remove plants from your sleeping area as they often harbor mildew which can make your allergies worse at night.
- Quit smoking. – Smoking, sleep apnea, and seasonal allergies is a very dangerous combination. In order to dramatically improve your overall health and get the restful sleep your body needs, put down the pipe or cigarette and get rid of the ash trays.
- Close your windows and doors. – As the season brings warmer weather expect increased pollen counts. Keep windows and doors closed at all times in order to keep pollen out of your home while reducing seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Consult with your physician about using decongestants. - If you have made al the changes suggested and are still struggling with nasal congestion caused by seasonal allergies, talk to your doctor about using over-the-counter or prescribed allergy medications to help manage your symptoms.
at 12:07 PM
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Friday, September 15, 2017
Compression Stockings will help avoid Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Large variety of fashionable Compression Stockings to choose from!
Come to the NBN Medical Boutique to get measured for Free.
Visit www.nbnmedical.com for more information about all of our DME
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Give the gift of freedom this Father's Day! Visit The NBN Medical Boutique in Cherry Hill, NJ and check out our quality mobility products. Mention this Father's Day promotion and get 25% off a Golden power lift recliner.
Friday, March 3, 2017
Thursday, June 2, 2016
Not sure what to get your dad for Fathers Day this year?
We have the perfect gift! Lift chairs help with the transition of sitting and standing. Give your parents the gift of self sufficiency and comfort. Give yourself peace of mind. Stop by and see our selection of lift chairs and fashionable wellness items. We have many styles and fabrics to chose from. So your lift chair will fit perfectly in any room.
Mention this post for 10 % off fashionable wellness items too.
Sale runs through 6/30/16.
Call The NBN Medical Boutique for more information about this sale.
Ask for Elissa! 856-669-0211 x 200262.